If your child is absent for any reason, please use the designated Absence Line (01582 211169).
Please try to ring before 9.15am. This will ensure your message is received and your child’s records accurately recorded.
The Educational Welfare Officer (EWO) is in school every week monitoring lateness and absence. Please be aware that fines are being issued for persistent unauthorised absence for pupils of statutory school age (5 years old and upwards). We do encourage children in Reception Class to arrive on time as good practice.
- Arrival at school after 9.15am is considered an unauthorised absence and will be recorded as such. Once ten unauthorised sessions are recorded parents are issued with a Fixed Penalty Charge.
- If your child is late owing to medical appointments parents are asked to provide relevant proof.
- Prolonged absence (more than three days) will also require evidence from your doctor. The evidence has to cover the whole period of absence.
- Children with less than 90% attendance will always need to provide evidence of illness/medical appointments etc., regardless of length of absence.
- If your child has had sickness or diarrhoea they must not come back into school until they have been clear from both for 48 hours.
School Times: 8.45am - 3.15pm
Breakfast Club: 7.45am – 8.35am (gates open)
After School Club: 3.15pm – 5.40pm
For further information, please see our Leave of Absence Policy.