Parent Communication Summer 2 w/c 17.07.2017
Please find attached the following information:
School finishes at 12:30 tomorrow (Friday)
Lunch time will from 11:30 am.
School returns on Tuesday 5th September 2017.
Parent Communication Summer 2 w/c 10.07.2017
Please see reminders below for the week ahead:
Tuesday 11th July - Year 6 Enterprise afternoon.
Children in year 1 + can bring in money to spend at the year 6 stalls in the afternoon.
Parents welcome from 1:30 - 3pm.
No clubs as of next week, the last week of term.
Friday the 21st July finish at 12:30pm
Year 2 Gulliver’s trip: Children can wear comfortable shoes.
Children will need to be in school at 8:45am wearing their school uniform, sun cream, a sun hat and with their water bottles. Children should bring with them a packed lunch in a carrier bag.
Payments due for Tae Kwon Do and Music lessons on Friday 14th July for September 2017.
Parent Communication Summer 2 w/c 03.07.17
- Thursday 6th July - Early Years and Nursery Sports Day: 9.15am - 11.00am
- Saturday 8th July - 11.30am - 2.00pm is our SUMMER FAIR! We would love you to come along for a fun filled family event with games, prizes, BBQ and refreshments as well as attractions such as the 4years+ driving experience, teacups, bouncy castle and inflatable slide plus much more!!
The Vale Academy Holiday Club
We still have places available at our holiday club during the summer! Please see attached poster for dates and prices! If you would like to make a booking please contact Sharnie on 01582 211150 or pop in and see her in the Canteen before school.
Parent Communication Summer 2 w/c 26.06.17
- Tuesday 27th – Year 1 Whipsnade Zoo. Year 1 pupils to be dropped off and collected from the main reception at normal time (8.45am and 3.15pm). Pupils will be required to wear school uniform but can wear trainers or comfortable footwear (not sandals). The children will need to bring a packed lunch that can be disposed of once eaten, sun hat and a waterproof coat just in case. As we have been lucky enough to have lots of nice weather recently please ensure you apply sun cream on your child before the trip. If you think your child will require more sun cream please give them the bottle in a named plastic bag to keep with them. Please also make sure the children have a water bottle in their bag that we can refill when needed. All of the children will be responsible for their own belongings so will need to bring a small rucksack with them to carry their lunch and coat in. We advise the children have rucksacks with thick straps on as these are more comfortable for the children to wear.
- Wednesday 28th June – Sports Day. Children in Years 1-6 are to come to school in their PE kit ready for Sports Day. Please ensure your child has a water bottle, hat and suncream (if necessary).Year 1 & 2: 11.00am - 12.15pm
Years 3 - 6: 1.30pm - 3.00pm
- Friday 30th June – INSET Day. Academy closed.
Last week SnapChat, used regularly by many children and young people, launched a new feature. SnapMaps allows users to see the location of their contacts. This feature allows others to accurately pinpoint where you are. There are three possible privacy settings:
- Ghost mode, where only you can see your position;
- My Friends mode, where any contact can see your location; and
- Select Friends mode, just those who you choose can see you
ChildNet have posted a thorough explanation of SnapMaps and how to ensure users stay safe.
Parent Communication Summer 2 w/c 19.06.17
- Friday 23rd June - Mufti Day Summer Fair (£1 donation or see table sent last week or on website for details on items required by each class)
- Monday 26th June - Open Classroom Event 3.30pm - 4.15pm
- Tuesday 27th June - Yr 1 Whipsnade Zoo Visit
Parent Communication Summer 2 w/c 12.06.17
- News at The Vale Academy
- Year 4 Aladdin Trip is on Thursday 15th June - please remember to send your child in with a packed lunch to have before they leave. In addition, children will need 2 bottles of drink to take with them and a packed tea to have after the show on the way back. Children are able to wear trainers on the day and it would be advisable to bring a waterproof coat just incase (as you can never count on our weather!)
- Year 2 Gullivers Trip is on Wednesday 12th July.
Year 1&2 - 28th June: 11.00am - 12.15pm
Years 3-6 - 28th June: 1.30pm - 3.00pm
Early Years and Nursery - 6th July: 9.15am - 11.00am
This week’s enrichment is focused on Father’s Day. Children will be able to create cards and/or gifts in their enrichment sessions tomorrow afternoon for their dad or a special person in their family.
Parent Communication Summer 1 w/c 22.05.17
- Consultation Letter for proposed change to age range at The Vale Academy
- Sports Day (Reception & Nursery)
-Sports Day (Years 1 & 2)
-Sports Day (Years 3-6)
- Year 1 Street Party - Friday 26th May. Children can bring in party clothes in a named bag to change into after lunch. We would also be grateful if children could bring in a donation of food for the party, such as: sausage rolls, cakes, cucumber and carrot sticks or any other party food on the day.
- Hot Weather - If the forecast is accurate, we may be in for a nice sunny week this week! Could you please ensure that your child has a water bottle to bring to school with them to keep them hydrated, especially when they have been running around at break and lunchtime! If your child is bringing a sun hat in, please ensure that it has their name on it - thank you.
- Summer Fair - Saturday 8th July 11.30am - 2pm. Carboot pitches and stalls available at the fair - £10 per stall and a raffle prize donation - call the office to book a pitch. We look forward to seeing you there for a fun filled family afternoon!
- Half Term - we break up on Friday for half term at 3.15pm and children return to school on Monday 5th June.
Parent Communication Summer 1 w/c 08.05.17
- Year 6 Chessington Letter
- 15th May: Year 2 SATs Week
- Spaces still available for the Christmas Pantomime (in school) and disco, £10 per child - please see Sharnie for payment
Parent Communication Summer 1 w/c 01.05.17
Gulliver's Letter (Year 2)
Menu Choice's (Reception - Year 2)
- Year 6 SATs week 8th May
Parent Communication Summer 1 w/c 24.04.17
Summer Dinner Menu (on Week 2 this week)
Reception - Year 2 Dinner Choices sheet to be returned by Friday 28th April 2017
Whipsnade Zoo (Year 1)
- Monday 1st May is a Bank Holiday - school is closed
- Monday 8th May - Year 6 SATs week
- Year 4 Aladdin Final Payment is due today - please make sure you pay Sharnie first thing in the morning if you have not paid this afternoon.
- Music School Payment is due by Friday 28th April - please see Sharnie if there are any problems with this.
Parent Communication Spring 2 w/c 03.04.17
- We break up at 12.30pm on Tuesday 4th April for Easter and return on Wednesday 19th April.
- Children will have their lunch earlier tomorrow, ready to finish at 12.30pm. School dinners will be available as normal or your child can bring a packed lunch.
- Lost property will be available to view in the Main Entrance foyer from 8am - 12pm on Tuesday
- Music Lessons are available to sign up to, they also have Woodwind and Violin lessons available
- Year 6 Anglo-Saxon Visit on Monday 24th April - if you have not returned the reply slip and payment, please do so by Tuesday 4th April
Parent Communication Spring 2 w/c 27.03.17
- Easter Raffle tickets will be on sale from Tuesday during the afternoons and Wednesday break time. Tickets are 50p or £2 for 5 tickets. There are some lovely Easter goodies to be won including chocolate, cuddly toys and more!
- Lion King performances are on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week – please see Sharnie for last minute tickets.
- Big Pedal event is still on this week – you child can build up points for cycling or scooting to school and additional points for each family member that also cycles or scoots with them.
- End of term is Tuesday 4th April at 12.30pm, please ensure arrangements are made to collect your child at this time as there are no after school clubs or childcare.
- Monday 3rd April is Reception visit to Mead Open Farm - Children will need to wear school uniform but can wear trainers which may get dirty. Pupils will also need a packed lunch, which should also be in a named plastic carrier bag.
Parent Communication Spring 2 w/c 20.03.17
Tae Kwon Do Letter (April 2017)
- Clubs finish on Friday this week and will begin the second week back after the Easter break
- Big Pedal event over the next 2 weeks - your child will accumulate points for every member of the family and cycles or scoots to school each morning
- Lion King tickets are still available to purchase
- Red Nose Day on Friday 24th March - Mufti can be worn £1 donation
- Summer clubs sign up Tuesday 21st March 8.15am - 8.30am
- Weds / Thurs Year 1 visit to Incredible Edible Garden
Could you please ensure that your child / children do not walk over the flower beds in and around the academy. We have spent a lot of time improving the school environment and would appreciate your support to maintain it.
Parent Communication Spring 2 w/c 13.03.17
Anglo-Saxon Day (Year 6)
- The last week of clubs is next week; all clubs will end on Friday 24th March 2017. Sign up to new clubs will be on Tuesday 21st March at 8.15am in the Main Hall.
- E-safety parent event on Monday 20th March, please confirm attendance in the email sent to you last week or call the Main Office on 01582 211150 to let us know which session you intend on coming to (3.30-4.30pm or 6.00-7.00pm)
- Lion King tickets are still on sale with Sharnie in the Dining Hall 8.35-9.00am or 3.00-3.15pm
- Year 1 Stockwood Discovery Centre Visit on Wednesday 15th March : Tiger’s class will be leaving school at 9.15 a.m and returning at lunch time. Giraffe’s class will go in the afternoon and return in time for normal collection at 3.15pm. All the children will be required to have a packed lunch in a named disposable bag. Due to timings the children will not be able to have a school lunch and instead we will have a picnic together in our classes, normal rules for packed lunches apply. As we will be travelling in the school mini bus the children are required to have a booster seat. The school will be able to supply some of these, however, if you have a booster seat that you can send your child to school with on the day that would be very helpful.
Easter Raffle tickets will be on sale during enrichment on Tuesday 28th March and during lunch time in the main reception area on the Wednesday. We will also be selling tickets during the Lion King performances. The winners will be announced during the celebration assembly on the Friday.
Parent Communication Spring 2 w/c 06.03.17
Accelerated Reader Letter (Year 5 & 6 only)
E-Safety Letter (Event for Parents)
Parent Communication Spring 2 w/c 27.02.17
Menu for Pancake Day (28.02.17)
- World Book Day Thursday 2nd March 2017 - Children can dress up as their favourite book character
- David Walliams Tea Party Thursday 2nd March 2017 3.15pm - 4.00pm in the Hall - Come and read with your child and have fun at our Tea Party Event (all years)
Clubs sign up for the Summer Term will be on Tuesday 21st March 2017 from 8:15am-8.30am in the Hall. You will be able to come along to the event with your child to choose which clubs they would like to join up to. You will receive a reminder nearer the time of this date.
Parent Communication Spring 2 w/c 20.02.17
World Book Day Letter (All Years)
Year 6 SATs Info:
- Wednesday 22nd February Year 6 Parents SATs Evening (3.30pm)
- Monday 27th February Open Classroom Event 3.00pm - 4.15pm : Open to all current parents to come and have a look at your child's work and have an informal chat with the class teacher
- Thursday 2nd March World Book Day (dress up) and David Walliams Tea Party after school for all parents and children
Can we take this opportunity to remind parents that use the Early Years gate that it opens at 8.35am until 8.45am. After this time, it will close and you will need to bring your child to the Main Office to sign in. Although nursery staff will be at the gate, they are there to provide access to the nursery parents only as by this time, teachers are starting to prepare the class for their learning.
Parent Communication Spring 1 w/c 30.01.17
Mead Open Farm (Reception)
Valentine’s Disco Letter (All years)
- NSPCC fundraising event – ‘Dress for digits’ day Friday 3rd February 2017. £1 donation to wear clothing with numbers on or mufti.
- Chinese Menu on Thursday 2nd February 2017 – see email last week re choices and menu
- Year 2 Road Safety Workshop – Thursday 9th February
- Reception Dino Day – Friday 10th February, (parents welcome from 1.45 -3.00pm)
Parent Communication Spring 1 w/c 23.01.17
Road Safety (Year 2 Only)
- If your child walks / cycles to school please ensure that they are aware of how to keep themselves safe and are vigilant of people around them. We would advise that children walk home in groups where possible and keep to the lit main roads and paths.
- For safeguarding reasons parents must not use their mobile phones on site. If you need to take a call, please remain off site until it is completed.
- Following Primary Legislation we do not serve second portions in the canteen at lunchtime.
- Wednesday 25thJanuary is our Jacqueline and Jewellery reading event for all year groups and their parents from 3.15pm – 4.00pm. We would love to see you and your child enjoying an opportunity to read and make jewellery together after school as part of our reading for fun event!
- Wednesday 25thJanuary is the Year 1 Chinese New Year day. As part of the celebration we would also like to invite Year 1 children to come to school in their own party clothes or anything red or yellow.
- This week is Year 6 Mock SATs week.
Parent Communication Spring 1 w/c 16.01.17
American Theme Day Poster (Reminder)
American Theme Day Letter (12.01.17)
Chinese New Year (Year 1)
Dinosaur Day (Reception)
Times Table Badges
At The Vale Academy we are keen to promote children's learning of their times tables and division facts. We have introduced Times Table badges, which are handed out during the End of Term Celebration Assembly for any children that have successfully completed and can recall the following times tables:
Platinum: All times tables AND division facts
Please could we ask that you encourage your child to practice their times tables at home as regularly as possible, as this makes a big impact on their mathematics.
Parent Communication Spring 1 w/c 09.01.17
American Theme Day Letter (12.01.17)
Parent Communication Spring 1 w/c 02.01.17
Menu Choice (Reception - Year 2) due in Friday 6th January
Status Quo Workshop (reminder)
Tae Kwon Do (years 3-6)
Music Lessons (reminder)
Parents Evening Monday 9th January (appointments should have been booked online already)
3CS Swimming lessons commence on Monday 9th January - please remember to bring in their towel and costume/shorts.
Parent Communication Autumn 2
Menu Choice (Reception - Year 2) Please complete and return by Friday 6th January
Parent Communication w/c 05.12.16
Christmas Disco Letter (All Years)
We are also running a competition for the children within The Shared Learning Trust to design a logo for 'The Teaching Trust.' Please see the following link for more information.
Thursday 8th December - KS2 Christmas Performance at 2pm. Tickets available from Sharnie until tomorrow morning.
Monday 12th December - Reception and KS1 Christmas Performance at 2pm. Tickets available from Sharnie until Monday morning.
Wednesday 13th December - Christmas Disco (see attached letter)
Thursday 15th December - Christmas Dinner - if your child would like a Christmas Dinner please see Sharnie for payment in the Dining Hall any morning from 8.35 - 9.15am. Cost £2.35 (unless in Reception - Yr2)
Friday 16th December - Visit to the Pantomime - those that have booked tickets please remember to bring a packed lunch to school with you. You are required to wear school uniform as usual and we will be returning in time for a 1pm finish for all children
Parent Communication w/c 28.11.16
Clubs Spring Term (sign up is Tues 29th Nov at 8.15am or after school in the Hall)
Chocolate Day (Yr3)
- Friday 2nd December finish at 3pm. Christmas Fair 3pm-5pm
We are encouraging children to bring their rubbish home in their packed lunch boxes so parents are able to monitor what their child is eating at lunchtime. If you have any concerns regarding this, please do contact us.
Parent Communication w/c 21.11.16
Music Lessons (2017)
Raffle Ticket Letter (tickets being sent Mon/Tues)
- Performing Arts Showcase on Thursday 24th November (7pm - 8pm) Tickets available to purchase through Sharnie.
- Year 3 Cinema Trip on Thursday 24th November. If you are able to provide a booster seat please sign in your child's diary to confirm. Thank you!
- Mufti Day to support Christmas Fair on Friday 25th November (donate specific items for the year group / class as per letter last week)
- Open Classroom Event on Monday 28th November: The event will run from 3.30pm to 4.15pm and all parents and carers of children in year 2 and above should sign in at the main reception please. Those of you with children in Reception and Year 1 should sign in at your child’s classroom door.
If you have arranged for your child to be picked up by someone other than a parent, please could you ensure that you let your child's class teacher know or call the Main Office. Anyone collecting a child must have the correct password and the staff must have been informed verbally or in writing in advance, that an alternative arrangement is in place. If someone comes to collect your child without the staff being informed they will not be able to leave until verbal permission has been given by a parent.
If you have not supplied us with a password for your child, please contact the Main Office to have one added to the system.
Parent Communication w/c 14.11.16
Christmas Performance Letter (sent 16.11.16)
- Book Fayre: last day is Tues 15th Nov (3.15pm - 4.00pm)
- Parents invited to come and plant a tree with their child Tues 15th Nov 2.00 - 3.00pm. Please bring a spade / fork with you if you have one as we are limited to how many we have available!
- Children in Need Dennis Competition entries due in Weds 16th Nov - please see Children in Need letter for further information
- Children in Need Mufti - Pyjamas or Spotty clothing Fri 18th Nov £2 donation and events and challenges throughout the day ranging from 10p entry to £1 entry.
Parent Communication w/c 7.11.16
Natural History Museum (Year 5)
- Book Fayre starts Weds 9th Nov - Tues 14th Nov (3.15pm - 4.00pm in the Main Hall)
- Hogwarts Sleepover event Weds 9th Nov (3.15pm - 4.00pm in the Main Hall)
- Bring a Relative to School Thurs 10th Nov (10.30am - 11.40am)
Parent Communication w/c 31.10.16
School Meals (sent 3.11.16)
Santa's Grotto Letter (Reminder as deadline is Friday 4th Nov)
- Cross Country Tues 1st Nov, children can wear outdoor PE kit & trainers to school
- School Meals are now £2.35 per day under the new catering firm Edwards & Blake
Parent Communication w/c 17.10.16
Roald Dahl Competition (All Years)
Approximate Trips Costings
- Care Club booking forms for the week after half term are due in on Fri 21st Oct 2016
Parent Communication 10.10.16
Halloween Ball Reminder
Firework and Diwali (Reception Only)
NSPCC Sponsorship deadline : Wednesday 12th October 2016
Parent Communication 03.10.16
Maths Workshop (Year 1)
Bikeability (Year 4)
Bikeability (Year 5 & 6)
Parent Communication 26.09.16
Shrek Party (Year 4 Only)
Aladdin Panto (All Years)
Street Party (Year 6)
Parent Communication 19.09.16
Phonics Workshop (Year 1)
Shrek Party (Year 4 Only)
Parent Communication 12.09.16
Club (Year 1 - 6)
Sleeping Beauty (Reception Only)
Tae Kwon Do (Years 3-6)
Parent Communication 05.09.16
Harry Potter Visit (Y6 Only)
PE and Forest School (Reception, Y1 & Y2)
Parent Communication 18.07.16
Parent Communication 12.07.16
Aladdin Panto (Yr R-5 in Sept 2016)
Scootability (Year 1 & 2 Only)
Parent Communication 04.07.16
Scootability (Year 1 & 2 Only)
Parent Communication 27.06.16
Footie Funstars (Years 1-5)
Parent Communication w/c 20.06.16
Young Enterprise (Year 6)
Reception Assembly Letter (paper copy sent)
Transition Day Outline (sent 15.06.16)
Parent Communication 13.06.16
Parent Communication 06.06.16
Reception Sports Day (Reception Only)
Tae Kwon Do - Summer 2 (Years 3-8)
Parent Communication 23.05.16
Parent Communication 16.05.16
Parent Communication 09.05.16
Parent Communication 04.05.16
Parent Communication 29.04.16
Parent Communication 25.04.16
Parent Communication 19.04.16
Parent Communication 11.04.16
Whipsnade Zoo (Year 5)
Tae Kwon Do (Year 3+)